Wisconsin Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by grngni, Oct 21, 2009.

1. grngni

grngni Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2009
    Lake Mills
    Hi all!
    I haven't done a group thing online in years, so I'm a little rusty. I stumbled on this site when I was trying to find the protein level in DUMOR 16% layer feed. Can't find it on the bag.
    We have our first little flock this year. We started with 5 barred rocks, 5 buff orpingtons, 5 rhode island reds, and 4 easter egg chickens-I can't spell their real name this morning. haha Should have been 5 each, but I guess the little buggers were zipping around too fast and were counted wrong at our local hatchery. We didn't even realize it until they were a couple months old. Bad parents. 2 of the buffs and one of the easter eggs turned out to be beautiful but naughty roosters who sadly are meeting their maker this morning back at the hatchery. It may take us awhile to be able to put our babies in a soup pot though.
    Their home is a chicken tractor built from spare wood and parts around the farm and the walls of old shipping crates. I'll post a picture if someone can fill me in on how. The coop is part of the "wall" of a dog pen that forms they're yard. We have a much larger yard with fencing in progress for next year. For winter, they're getting a new home in the barn, but it's also going to be "in progress" for a couple weeks.
    Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more! Jeanne
    PS: Someone please explain or point me to an explanation of img tag, the options below etc.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Hi! Welcome!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined! I fon't have the answer to your question. Try putting it in the feeding your flock section in the Index. You should have you answer soon.

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

5. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT! I always assumed the percentage that followed was the protein percentage. [​IMG]

Here's info I pulled off of the internet.....

DUMOR POULTRY LAYER 16% PELLET FEED, 50 LBS.

Detail DescriptionTECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Type: Layer 16% Pellet
    Size: 50 lbs.
    Appearance: Pellet
    Ingredients: Crude Protein (min) 16.000%, Lysine (min) .7200%, Methionine (min) .3300%, Crude Fat (min) 2.5000%, Crude Fiber (max) 5.5000%, Calcium (min) 1.3500%, Calcium (max) 1.8500%, Phosphorus (min) .4500%, Salt (min) .2000%, Salt (max) .5000%

6. Jodistur

Jodistur Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Hello from Northeast Ohio!
    15 chickens (Bantam Buckeyes & Cornish Rock Cross ie dinner)
    25 rabbits (5 Flemish Giants & 20 English Spots) some are show and some are meat...
    2 dogs - pets
    2 cats - pets
    2 guinea pigs - pets

Would love to see your chicken tractor, but I'm new too so I have no idea how to do much yet... [​IMG]

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

8. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Welcome! Where are you at in Wisconsin? I'm just south of La Crosse. 16% layer feed should be 16% protein...

The buttons you see are for html codes to do different things to the text in your message. Select the text you want to modify and hit B for bold, I for italics, U for underline, IMG formats a link to a photo so that it actually shows as a photo in your message and not just the link,
    Quote will make a box like this...

or you can just add smileys [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  9. Evermore Ranch

Evermore Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    NW Alabama
    [​IMG]

10. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI