Wisconsin

2chickens

Hatching
Feb 13, 2016
Finally Watertown allows chickens starting with two. Very excited for my grandchildren. Starting with Golden Comet and Speckled Sussex. What do you think?

I already answered you on your other thread, but as I said there, welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Golden Comet is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are egg laying machines. Speckled Sussex are a wonderful breed for children as they are friendly annd gentle; good layers of brown eggs as well. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

The Sylph looked over to Enoch and smiled as he came over. "General Enoch, you honor me with your invitation. What can I do for you?" He asked formally.

Enoch rolled his eyes, "Just take a load off and talk. I'm glad to have you back. I never believed what was said about you for a minute. Thorn was just jealous of your closeness with King Racine.

Okay, I give up. Whats the quote from? I first thought Rob Roy,
but no. Can I get a hint? I'm stumped.

Spook...curious

My chicks are six weeks old. Want to transfer them to coop in garage. Outside can get to 40 but not in garage. Should I put the heat lamp in the nesting box?

Back
Top Bottom