wisdom tooth removal

theuglyduckling

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
puerto rico
On Saturday I went to get my top left wisdom tooth removed, but all I was given was a numbing injection because thats all my insurance covered. Well I was wondering how the pain during the removal process was for others. When the dentist gave me the injection he didn't even wait a minute or two after it to let the injection kick in. he pretty gave the needle and emediatly went to poking my mouth. It felt like if i felt everything he was doing when he was cutting me. I know it is probably painful with only a mouth injection, but are you suppose to be in pain the whole entire time he is doing the procedure? When I was having everything done at one point I let a pain nose out and he didn't even seem to care he pretty much said the entire time that I was in pain is "you need to relax or you will make it harder for me". That statement pretty much made me want to slap him because I can't relax when I'm in pain the whole time and when he said at the end that I'm going to feel some presure well I didn't feel pressure I just felt pain. I know the dentist isn't physcic, but when I made the pain noise my fiance said he was able to hear me so I just thought that maybe the doctor should have stopped and gave me another injection plus my face was in that "my face is in pain" look while he was doing everything. I don't know, but I'm wondering if I am in the same pain for the other pulling should i tell the dentist i need another injection or should i just wait for it to get over with.

No that is NOT normal! I would document what happened and contact the Board of Dentists in your state. File a complaint!

I had a dentist do something similar. Only dentist I ever bit!

No that is NOT normal! I would document what happened and contact the Board of Dentists in your state. File a complaint!

my fiances sister had to get hers pulled out and when he pulled hers out she bit his finger too.

well i have to get my top right one out because the doctor i went to doesn't know how to take that one out because its upside down or something like that. shows how much people really care about their jobs if they don't have a care in the world on how to do things the right way. i guess the next time if this doctor does the same as the last one ill make sure he stops and gives me more numbing medicine.

my fiances sister had to get hers pulled out and when he pulled hers out she bit his finger too.

well i have to get my top right one out because the doctor i went to doesn't know how to take that one out because its upside down or something like that. shows how much people really care about their jobs if they don't have a care in the world on how to do things the right way. i guess the next time if this doctor does the same as the last one ill make sure he stops and gives me more numbing medicine.

Back
Top Bottom