1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wish I would have delivered my Give away Roo..so I could have made certain he went to

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ladyearth, Dec 9, 2014.

1. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    a good home......
    welL I called again asking if she wanted two hen Orps....over 2 years old
    well now I just wish I would have called and asked if okay to visit my 9 month old Barr rock instead...Rock gorgeous Roo. Roo....Then if all looked good would have taken the two Orps out of truck and offered them to her....
    well they live on 4 acres, which is good. But My Roo has to dodge three large dogs and a cat and who knows what else....He looks like he must be constantly be viligant. No real coop either... I wanted to cry.. Lady also said that the older Roo she had was probably offed by a coyote.....
    I should have said I changed my mind and kept the two hen Orps..... till a better condition home.........If they survive there it will be a wonder to me......
    Just gonna be hard not to regret my decion, sleep tonight....[​IMG]wish I would have given those two Orps, instead to a guy who took my Yellow Orp Roo and 2 hens to few weeks ago Unfortunately I kept two.....He ran a nice souding Hatchery. and wanted new blood for breeding....

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm sorry you feel uneasy about your chickens new home. Once an animal leaves our care, we have little (if anything) to say about them. I was thinking you were going to post he had been cooked for someone's Sunday dinner. Sometimes it's just better to wonder and not know then to find out after the fact. You did what you thought was best at the time and that's about all any of us can do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by