wish me luck first time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dallas206, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Dallas206

Dallas206 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2010
    Poplarville MS
    Well I first want to say hi to every one first time to post on the site i have been reading here almost everyday for over a month love the forum great job . Anyway my name is Dallas I am from south Mississippi and i think i have a problem I can stop thinking about hatching chicks I will be putting my first batch in Tuesday morning they are from my hens i am still having trouble figuring out what temp and humidity to set the bator at i have seen so many different post on different temps and humidity's if anyone can give me any advise i would appreciate very much I will be incubating 24 Guinea eggs and about the same amount off chicken eggs i will be using a G.Q.F. 1202 incubator well anyway if you can give me any advise for my first hatch I would thank you very much thanks in advise and i hope to have a long friendship with the members of back yard chickens i hope everyone the best with there late hatches

2. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
  3. adyhart1

adyhart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Waco, TX
    GOOD LUCK!!![​IMG]

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Guinea take longer to hatch than chickens do, so if possible it's better to start your guinea eggs ahead of the chicken eggs. Otherwise, you'll need a separate hatching unit. Good luck with your hatch and welcome to byc!

5. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    [​IMG] and best wishes for a great hatch !

6. Dallas206

Nov 21, 2010
    Poplarville MS
    just wanted to say thanks funnybirds for the post it took a while to read it but well worth it also can anyone tell me the best time to put the eggs in the bator

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Dallas206, just wanted to say [​IMG] and good luck...

8. Dallas206

Nov 21, 2010
    Poplarville MS
    please help can i run the same humidity for guinea eggs as for my eggs from my hens the guinea eggs are shipped eggs the chicken eggs are from my girls i will be waiting 7 days to after the guinea eggs to add the chicks i don/'t know if I can wait 28 days [​IMG] i could realy use a little advise [​IMG] thanks for the help again

9. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Good luck! [​IMG]

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yes, humidity and temps are the same for guinea and chicken eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by