Wish me luck please! prayers needed!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Skitz, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Ok as some of you know I was in a horrible car wreck when I was 12 years old (5 years ago and my dad was the one driving not me!) and I ended up traumatized. I'm scared to death when I get into a car because I fear that we're going to crash, well I used to be that scared but now I'm kinda getting used to it. This Monday I start my senior year of high school and well my dad bought me a car so I could start driving myself to school! [​IMG] I've been driving for about a month now, but in parking lots (not main streets). I'm OK with a person being in the passenger seat because it makes me feel more safe, but the thing is that I will be all by myself when I go to school [​IMG] I've drove to school a few times now and I do ok, but there's not much traffic as there usually is since school hasn't started. I'm scared to drive, I don't want to drive, I don't want to hurt anyone! I just don't want to drive at all but my parents keep insisting since I have to face my fears! The reason why I created this thread is because I'm nervous and afraid to crash and I want people to wish me the best of luck! I'm REALLY serious about this! I don't wanna end up in a life threatening car wreck!....again! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

You can do it, Skitz!!! [​IMG] I know you can. Just remember to follow rules and be safe. [​IMG] Wishing you the best of luck, and I'll be praying for you tonight and all of tomorrow.

Go, go, go! [​IMG]

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks! [​IMG] I REALLY appreciate it! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I honestly believe the only reason you still have this fear is because it occurred before you were a licensed driver. Once you are licensed and it is the only way for you to get from point a to point b, you recover pretty quick - MOSTLY!

Many years back, after I dropped my son off at daycare, a gardening truck rear ended me when I was a complete stop on a freeway on-ramp HARD. He backed up off of the off ramp and I never saw him again. My stereo was one of those pull outs back in day. The thing torpedoed into my sons car seat. In the back seat. If he had still been there he would have been at a minimum severely injured.

To this DAY, when I see a driver coming up quickly behind me, I release my brake. The things we learn driving make us better drivers, not worse. You can do it!!!!

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:Thank you Debi! All I want is this fear to go away, it really did turn my life around! I'm glad nothing happened to your son! [​IMG] I would never wish all that pain I went through to anyone! it's the worst that there is! [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Quote:Thank you Debi! All I want is this fear to go away, it really did turn my life around! I'm glad nothing happened to your son! [​IMG] I would never wish all that pain I went through to anyone! it's the worst that there is! [​IMG]

Your welcome!!!! You CAN do this. You WILL get used to driving, and it will become second nature to you. However. We are human, things happen. Stay alert (I daydream sometimes and wonder how I got there). Do not HIT the brake if you know the accident is going to happen from behind (the impact will be less). Turn your phone off. Don't fiddle with radio channels. Have it to your preferred station before you take off.

7. Pebbles

Pebbles Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2009
    Kingman, AZ
    Skitz, I will be holding you up in prayer to overcome your fear. Fear is so painful...the more you drive the less your fears will be. You asked for prayers so I trust you know the Lord. Lay all your fears in His arms and let Him take care of you. You'll do great!!

8. debilorrah

Quote:I SOOO totally missed the prayer part. Thanks for the kick in the butt!

9. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    You are a strong young woman, have faith in yourself......and if you're still up reading this, go to bed! LOL well rested keeps you alert! Enjoy the ride!

10. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:*Cough* Skitz is a guy....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by