Wish me luck! Taking the chicks to preschool

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CritterHill, May 2, 2008.

1. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    I'm bringing the 5 day old chicks to preschool (only bringing 5 of them in) around noon today for show and tell.

Wish me luck! Not sure if I should bring the heat lamp. School is only 10 minutes down the road and I'll only be showing them off for 20 minutes/half hour max.

2. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Good Luck I was debating taking mine to my sons 1st grade, let me know how your trip goes.

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Great!!! Thats awesome!!! We just got home from preschool with 2 of my hens!!
    good luck!!!!

4. CritterHill

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    I'm thinking of bringing them back every couple weeks to show how they are growing. I'll see what the teachers think about that, but I thought it would be cool.

5. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    That would be cool but there are only 3 weeks of school left here.

6. scrapmom5

scrapmom5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Utah
    We took them to 2nd grade a couple of weeks ago and next week I am taking them to Kindergarten. The kids seem to love it, the chicks don't mind, the ducks freak out. Hope it all goes well.

7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Good luck. I am bringing in mine after I get them when they are about a week old to my sons class. Let us know how it goes.

8. CritterHill

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Just got back. It went really well.

I spread out a sheet, sprinkled some chick starter crumbles on it (to give them something to do) and put the chicks out. My daughter was picking them up and showing them off - I did not let the other preschool kids touch them - too fragile!

The 2 year old class also came down to see them.

They loved it! And the chicks seemed to have fun too. One of them closed it's eyes and passed out while we were showing them off. Very cute!

The teachers want me to bring them back every few weeks to show how much they have grown. It is a daycare-preschool so it is year round.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by