Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justinszoo, Oct 3, 2008.

1. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I am putting my bators up for the year. They have been running non-stop since spring. What does everyone else do during their down time?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    ohhh boy! It's getting cold here too [​IMG] (although i have only tried hatching once a few weeks ago and failed) I am already wanting to make a new bator!!! [​IMG]
    So, to satisfy my craving to try again, I am setting a goal; I am gonna try and get everything i need(brooder, styro-bator, etc.) set up by next Spring or around March! [​IMG] That keeps my mind off trying to find eggs to hatch. I am too busy looking for supplies! [​IMG]

And I also look up as much stuff about hatching eggs as possible, so by Spring, I will be a hatching pro! [​IMG]

Maybe this will help you too.

Good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Take pictures of your chickens! Thats what I do in my spare time....
    ~Rebecca

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    LOL, what down time???[​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:[​IMG] That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! My bator is full for THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR!!

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Sorry, I can't help ya either. I am getting ready to plug my bators back in. Oh, during my "down time", I grew out lots of babies and built a new coop for more. [​IMG]

Jody

7. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Gotta agree MagsC! What down time! Gotta catch up with everything I've been putting off since I started this hatching project! Only now I gotta build a room off my existing coop in the barn for all these beautiful babies! One more for the 'To Do Before the Snow Flies' List.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by