1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wish my other hens would start producing.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by outdoor junkie, Jul 30, 2011.

1. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    Flushing
    Had one girl give me an egg the last six days, just wish the other three that are the same age would start chipping in. Gonna take along time at this rate to aqcuire a dozen eggs.[​IMG]

2. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    I know what you mean. I have one that started over two weeks ago and another that started about a week ago. But eventually they will all start laying and we will have an overload of eggs....I hope!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Tell me about it! I have 16 and may get two eggs a day. One day I got ten then back to 1-2 a day. My gals are young, though, and with this heat we are experiencing, I don't blame him.

4. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm in the same boat. 1 started 2 weeks ago, a second one joined in a few days ago, then there's 5 more that are the same age we are still waiting on. Plus I have 2 SLW that are 6 weeks younger but are really getting red faces. Soon enough there will be more eggs than we can eat. They are getting a pep talk 3 times daily.

5. mystang89

mystang89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    I have 5 hens that are 9 months old which I bought alittle over 2 weeks ago. Started out with 1 egg, then 2, then 3 then 0. Now I'm getting 1 a day from the dominate hen whos working her butt off, literally, so I feel your pain. Here's hoping we can all start getting our eggs soon.

6. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    Flushing
    Yes, have alot of people who are asking me for eggs. I tell them at this rate I can give them a dozen each every 12 days or so. Haha, slow going but still cool. Mine are all really red faced, but only the one laying will squat down when I go to pet them, guess I just have to be patient.

7. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    [​IMG] Well I guess I have company!! I have four girls who are 18.5 weeks old. One of them, Jasmine my Red Star has layed us 11 eggs in the last 12 days [​IMG] , and they are soooo good [​IMG] the others, well who knows [​IMG].... its exciting though, checking, waiting. These are my first chickens, and Im hopelessly addicted [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by