Wish them luck O.O..lots of luck

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ducklove334, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Soooo...we have such an excess amount of eggs saved up in the fridge now...probly about 2 dozen [​IMG]. we're never going to eat them all.

soo last night I got this crazy notion that this morning I was going to go out, and any eggs I found were going in the incubator, since atleast 3 of our 4 mature roosters have been doing thier jobs OVER-time [​IMG]

so thats what I did, I found two eggs in the chicken house, one in the feed store room, (neither are completely done yet)..one in the doghouse that is for our pitbull x hound when he goes outside(that one was still warm!)

and then I found out where one of our little OEG mutts was attempting to hide her nest of two eggs(one she'd just laid). I took those, but I think from now on I'm going to let her be, maybe she'll brood!

then I took two more brown eggs and another bantie egg from the fridge.

I set them all this morning after the bator was set up, if we're lucky, they should hatch on the 25th!! [​IMG]

the eggs will most likely be OEG x who knows x Silkies (the three bantie eggs)

there will be aleast one Brahma x Silkie or Dominique.

and the rest will be a combination of either Wyandotte,Cochin,or mutt hens mixed with either silkie, Sebright,mutt rooster, or Dominique [​IMG]

I'm really hoping these little guys hatch, if they do, who knows, i might do another hatch after them! [​IMG]

course then I'll haffta start selling chicks [​IMG]

2. Comet Mum

Comet Mum Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2008
    Oxford, NC
    Best wishes!! [​IMG]

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Cool! keep us posted on the outcome. With pics [​IMG]

4. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    well good luck on you eggs
    id love to see some pics of your seabrights and wyandautes what kind of feathering do you get if you mix a silver seabright with a golden laced wyandotte

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    this makes me feel better [​IMG]

this morning I ate for fridge eggs from our chickens,

every single one had bulls eyes!!![​IMG]

this makes me feel better about the outcome of this hatch!!

6. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    well im still wishing you luck and a great hatch percentage [​IMG]

7. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I just set 12 more eggs that I had tried to take to work to sell, that NO ONE wanted [​IMG]

2$ a dozen, home grown eggs, and no one wanted them, so i threw them in the bator with the other 8 I set the fourth.

if they hatch they hatch, if not they don't [​IMG]

I'm hoping that some atleast do from both sets

8. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I set two of my mallard eggs too (shoot me,please!).

I had to move the ducks and geese to the feed room/brooder room, cause we're finishing the ducks half of the big pen tomorrow!

they'll have lots more room to run around, and places I'm going to fix up for them to nest, but I figured the duck eggs are the same as the chickens, if they hatch they hatch, if not they don't, it's something to do, but all the same I'm hoping they will.

9. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Good luck! I'm so dang anxious to get my bator built and going so I can hatch out my own mutt eggs...

I'll be watching your progress.

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Looks like we are hatching together , i put a dozen dutch bantys in thursday late at night around 11.45pm or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by