Wish Us Luck - New job after a YEAR!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by vfem, Jan 6, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hubby has another job interview tomorrow morning at 8am! Wish us luck, he's studying up on the company now.

In a year, he's only had 4 interviews (2 with the same company).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope he gets the job!

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] crossing fingers and toes for your hubby!!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Well the interview went well I think. He was the first interview of the day, and the guy said he had someone scheduled every hour of today so far. But he told my husband they were hiring at least 2 people, and that my husband has the first spot if he wants it.

Told us to think it over this weekend, and if he really wants it to call first thing Monday to get him set up to take it.

So we're debating, though I know he's probably going to take it. Its a lot of work for a small salary, its between $400-$600 short what we need or wanted each month. They also won't let him take a second job if we need it to make up the difference. Though my husband is ok with it, its also a job against our beliefs and certain things we stand for. He says he'll do whatever he has to to take care of us all, even if it means being asked to do something he's against.

Like I said, in the end, he'll most likely take the job. I'm sure something better, or even GREAT will come along when the economy comes back around and we can afford to be picky... so I am very grateful that someone sees how wonderful my husband is, and I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    What does he have to do that hes against? (just being nosy) [​IMG]

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I know it's not the perfect job, but being employed makes him much more attractive to other companies, once the economy does pick up.

[​IMG] to your husband for being willing to do whatever he has to (as long as it's legal [​IMG] ) to support his family.

9. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Oh yes, I should mention it is LEGAL. [​IMG] I would never do anything illegal no matter what. Its just distasteful to us... that's all.

Think of it in terms of someone taking a truck driving job for work, but they are someone against owning a car or driving and prefer to walk or take a bike!

10. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    How can they stop him from getting a second job? Its none of their business if it does not interfere with the first job or visa versa.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by