Wishing everyone a Fabulous Yule!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Dec 21, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone who celebrates Yule is enjoying themselves today!!! Best wishes and blessed be!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Merry Meet and Bright Blessings to you and many thanks.

I hope the day is wonderful.

Blessed Be.

Jena.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  3. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    I got an extra foot of snow for Yule! Oh boy!

Actually, we are supposed to get a thaw later this week. Up here we normally get the first real snow (accumulation, not flurries) by Thanksgiving, this year it didn't really snow in a serious way until this past Friday.

I got two Yule Logs, one for each fireplace. Made Yule Log chocolate roll cakes. We're having venison roast for dinner tonight, we've got eggnog in the fridge, and a whole bunch o' candles of course.

What are you folks doing to celebrate? Going anywhere special, or staying at home in front of a cozy fire?

4. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Merry Yule to everyone! [​IMG]

We will definitely be staying in today. The high for today is -1. Man, I wish I had a fireplace!
    We'll be burning the the candles we've made, and have a nice dinner.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

To you also!

We're shovelling a foot and a half of white stuff for Yule. [​IMG]
    I'm planning on lighting my Frosted Cedar Wreath Yankee candle and watching the Pats play.

6. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    [​IMG] I want to do Yule!

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    We're spending the holiday inside nice and toasty. A blazing fire, holiday scented tarts filling the house with yummy gingerbread smells, nice warm cocoa, family time, gift opening and can't forget the yummy eggnog! We're having oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade bread and some veggies for dinner. My house smells wonderful and feels so homey my heart could melt. [​IMG] I absolutely love Yule. Happy Holidays everyone [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Happy Happy YULE!! We're staying in we got ICE!! Everything is coated in ice and while it is beautiful it is too dangerous to drive anywhere. HOt cocoa, we made - a marshmallow corn flake wreath!! LOL!! good sticky fun.

I adore the solstice to me it doesn't mean winter is starting it means spring is working on coming!!

10. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    A most blessed Yule to you all. I have a pot of chili cooking made with venison sausage. I also got mulling spices to make mulled apple cider with.

Got up with the sun this morning and kept a candle buring on my hearth (stove) all day.

Bright and shining blessing to you all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by