Wishing for Wyandottes! In VT. Please help!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by my first peepers, Jul 22, 2008.

1. my first peepers

my first peepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    South Western VT
    Does anyone in VT, NH, ME, North East NY raise Laced Wyandottes? I really want to add some to my flock but don't have space for a whole hatchery order. I would prefer day old chicks but would settle for young pullets if that's the only option.
    Can anyone help me find some of these beautiful girls?
    Thank you!

2. poultrypal

poultrypal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    I know you said girls but, I have a one year old golden laced wyandotte rooster located in CT. He is very handsome and still looking for a home.

3. my first peepers

Jul 9, 2008
    South Western VT
    Thanks poultrypal but I already have two roos that need a new home!

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I spoke to meyer hatchery today and they now do small orders. There is a fee of $32-ish for under 15 because they add heat and ship priority. They have wyondottes that can be ordered right away...... no waiting list. So you should look into them I think they are a BYC sponsor too [​IMG] Si for the cost of the gas to go drive to get them, you can have them shipped to your door.

5. my first peepers

Jul 9, 2008
    South Western VT
    Thanks lurky!
    I looked at Meyer today and was wondering about the fee. I saw that the shipping was $32, then in another place saw that there is a $20 fee. Is that in addition to or included in the $32?

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I am not sure, thats why i said to call. I actually was going to ask you if you wanted to combine an order to split the cost as it looks like you might be kinda close to me. But the breed i want wont be available til OCT. So i asked about your breed interest so i am sure that they are available now. are you in the bennington area?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by