With all the talk about supplementation...can you help me!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cdnley, May 6, 2011.

1. cdnley

cdnley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2010
    I am confused about feeding my duck babies. With my last batch I fed them Nutrena chick starter as well as some grass clippings. They seemed to thrive and grow just fine. People keep asking about all these additional supplementation because of various health issues with their ducks so I am worried. Is there a feed that is better than another? Anyone use the Nutrena "nature wise" feed?

Thanks!!

2. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    Purina Flock Raiser is really good. That is what I have all my ducks/ducklings on. Before that it was a combination of different feeds, plus niacin supplements. Sorry, I don't know anything about the Nutrena.

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I used Agway's turkey/waterfowl starter crumbles mixed with chopped rolled oats, then moved to Nutrena waterfowl feed until I could no longer get it. I am in the process of switching over to an organic layer feed from Blue Seal grower/cal. I also add a few handfuls of high quality dry cat kibble, rolled oats, and oyster shell. They forage a bit, and I give them greens as regularly as I can get them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by