with the how long does it take i have a ???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lannabun, Dec 12, 2007.

1. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    ok with all the talk of how long .. today makes me 37 weeks for barred rocks and americanas .. so my thing is .. im giveing xtra light now .. and i have been reading your alls post about signs ... ok tell me what signs i should look for .. i know with my silkie hows over a yr old gave me her frist egg and what she did was kinda dug a nest in the sawl dust and lol i still think i scared it outta her cuz i havent gotten one sents (3 weeks latter) so give me some ideals what to look for or to do ???? thanks Lan

2. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Do they have nest boxes w/ a fake egg? At 37 weeks I'd guess they are hiding eggs, is that a possibility?

3. lannabun

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    no hideing and yes a nest box ...

4. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Mine just started laying at 38 weeks! This was just a week and a half ago. I installed a light on a timer so they get 15 hrs. of light a day. Two weeks later I had eggs! Hope yours come soon! [​IMG]

5. lannabun

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    me to but im really wanting to know every one talks about signs of them showing well help give me ideals to look for them ... they have nest box .. extra lighting what else ... lol some dig and hole and roll around some lay there like they want to do something is that mean were close ??? thanks Lan

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    One sign of beginning egg laying is your pullets combs and wattles will become red and mature looking...they will squat down when you try to pet them and of course when the rooster mates with them....Sometimes the digging a hole can be a sign or it can mean she is just dust bathing...Going to the nest box a few times a day might also be a sign.....Those are the only signs I know of...maybe someone else has more.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by