With who they should stay?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by muus, Feb 17, 2015.

1. muus

muus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2013
    Hi
    I have 2 pens, one bigger than the other. Now I have the mallards, geese and chikens in the big pen and the quails and exotic birds in the small pen with the mandarin ducks.
    The problem is that I don't know what pen is better for the mandarins. I'm going to put a small pond this weekend for the mandarins so they can copulate. If I let them with the ducks and geese they can have more place and more nests but the water should be cleaned every 3 days minimum, sometimes the mandarins have problems with a male mallard that is very aggresive with them, but that was when they haven't enough place, and if I let them with the quails I think they wouldn't have too much space and only one nest, but with more tranquility, also they would have the pond.
    This are the pens:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Big pen. With horse feeders and and bales of straw, without the mountain of straw and that doors at the bottom
    The pond would be situated were the straw mountain.

[​IMG]
    The small pen. Withour everything you see.
    The pond would be situated at the bottom right.

What do you think?

2. KevinLynch

KevinLynch Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2015
    Hello, I wish you the best of luck! Where do you get your ducks?

3. muus

muus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2013
    Thank you
    The most of my birds hatched on my hands and they have imprint.
    I bought the mandarins this winter in a bird exposition. For now are so tameand sometimes let me pet them, but not like the mallards.
    Thanks

4. KevinLynch

KevinLynch Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2015
    Thank you!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by