Withdrawl!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hoover67, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Hoover67

Hoover67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    My incubator is empty now! [​IMG] I do not want to put any more $$$ into buying eggs so it looks like it will be empty for a while! Is there anyone else that is slipping into depression caused by an empty incubator????? I cannot believe how I miss looking into the bator!! [​IMG]

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I had quit for quite a while, then found some eggs for $3 at an auction. I couldn't resist!

3. fyrwmn

fyrwmn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    CT
    yeah I'm with you.. I have my last batch of eggs in the bator.. or at least that what my husband says (LOL).. I have been hatching guinea but since we have all that we can keep and we are not sure if the keets will sell, my husband wants me to stop incubating the eggs... I'm so sad!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Yes! I'm with you on withdrawal. I wasn't ready to quit but had to once my chickens all got sick. It was a real bummer. [​IMG] I have my sites set on next spring though!

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

These posts are really cute...sounds like you guys have all been hopped up on 'incubation'...wonder if there is a group meeting for that one...[​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:My DH already told me that I needed to find a Hatchers Anonymous group some where! [​IMG] If you ever do get started incubating and hatching eggs you will find that it is terribly addicting. [​IMG]

7. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I am wanting to try to hatch some...gotta get myself a 'bator first...hubby doesn't seem to mind, but I know once I over run us with chickies he might LOL [​IMG]

8. Hoover67

Hoover67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    Yep. I am dreading the morning! I rush down to look in the incubator every morning even when I know nothing is supposed to hatch. Now if some duck eggs would mysteriously appear on my doorstep, I guess I would HAVE to incubate them...... wouldn't I? [​IMG]

Michele

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like I might be joining ya'll in your addiction if I can't find some Sumatra chicks. I think I will try the hatching thing.

10. mthrclckr

mthrclckr Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    My last hatch was in April, but one of the girls that I hatched in January has begun laying. So I did a swan dive off the wagon and just set 8 black Orpington bantam eggs today. I'm feelin' the hi-i-i-i-i-gh.

-Naomi [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by