WL cockerel needs a home in Maine-

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jennyhaschicks, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I have got a WL cockerel who is about 22 weeks old that needs to go. He is aggressive towards my 4 year old son and I can't have it anymore.
    I am afraid he is going to hurt a child so I don't want him to be around children. I prefer also that he goes somewhere and have a happy life.
    FREE
    He has until tomorrow then off with his head.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. Dorothy1324

Dorothy1324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    hey you might have better luck getting rid of him if you put him on for free since you are going to just cull him if not just a thought and good luck we had a bantam roo that had to be culled because he attacked my then 4 year old Daughter

3. Jennyhaschicks

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I thought about that. I guess in my mind I was hoping if someone was willing to pay they would keep him as a pet and not eat him. He has a lot to offer as a protector of his flock. He always alerts me as to when something is not right down back. He was the first to let me know that my pigs were breaking out of their house last weekend. He is on top of things.

4. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    craigs list and uncle henry are both great local ways to get rid of roo;s and both are free on line

5. Jennyhaschicks

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Thank you. I had forgotten about Uncle Henrys. My husband has plans to cull him today if we can't find a home for him today. So time is not on my hands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by