"Wobble baby"

MamatoAll

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Texas
First time chicken people here. Hoping anyone will have any ideas on how to help our "Wobble baby?" We received 11 SLW and 2 EE chicks from a friend a week ago (SUPRIZE.)
ep.gif
He got them at the feed store and said they were 2 - 3 days when I got them. On day one we noticed that 3 of the SLW are significantly smaller than the rest. One in particular was standing with feet set VERY far apart and wobbled back and forth constantly. She eats occasionally and sleeps ALOT. I have been keeping them in a home made brooder according to temp / light recommendations of those here and the "Crazy Chicken Man" that started this. Feeding non-medicated crumbles and water with ACV. She has not grown AT ALL. I have been syringe feeding her 3 - 4 times a day (1/2 - 1 cc per feed) with a "chick saver " receipe that my Chicken Man gave me: 1 egg yolk, 1 T yogurt, drop corn syrup or glycerin, and crumbles to thicken slightly.

She responds to my voice - and will sing back to me, espically if I snuggle her close. Otherwise she doesn't act like the other chicks (who are everywhere - and starting to fly!)
D.gif
She has just started to get her wing feathers in as of yesterday. Today I made her a "cozy." It is like an open ended sock made out of fleece that hangs from one of the pearches I have made. An idea that came from my Vet Tech days, when we treated some very expensive parrots. She LOVES it!
love.gif
She has just figured out how to get in and out by herself, and currently is snuggled up sleeping. I am concerned because she is 1/2 the size of her sisters, and showing no signs of catching up. Is there anything else I can do for her that I haven't thought of? Thanks ahead of time for any ideas!

welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you are doing your best for the little one. I found feeding high protein foods (scrambled egg, mealworms) and adding vitamins+minerals to the drink water helps chicks with growth issues. Good luck with your one!

Back
Top Bottom