1. plm6846

plm6846 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2012
    We have a 2 mo old Leghorn and she wobbles. She eats fine, isn't growing as fast as the others, interacts well with the flock but she is very wobbly. She keeps her balance but is shaken when keeping balance. She is a very sweet girl...what is wrong with her please??

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Wobbliness, especially in young birds, may be due to a vitamin deficiency. You could try getting some poly vi sol infant vitamins (without iron) from a supermarket, and give her a few drops a day. If its a vitamin deficiency, you should be able to treat it.

Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's Disease? This disease can affect young birds, though your bird is a little on the young side to be showing symptoms of it. Marek's often begins with limping and wobbliness, and slowly progresses to paralysis of the wings or legs.

1 person likes this.
  3. plm6846

plm6846 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2012
    Thank you we will try this!

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I side with the vitamin deficiency. Other signs of Marek's would include greenish grey or pale yellow eye color, lack of molting (sometimes), not eating or drinking and paralysis. It doesn't sound like Marek's to me though she is the age for signs to start showing.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    X2! Even if it is Marek's, which it could be, there is no harm in treating for other things and providing supportive care.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by