Wobbly air sacks??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ella1989, Jan 14, 2011.

1. ella1989

ella1989 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2010
    hello,

I have 11 incubating eggs and some of them have wobbly air sacks does this mean their are no chicks in there??

2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    are they shipped eggs? if so this could be a busted air sac from shipping I have had no luck growing chicks from broken air sacs from shipped eggs.

3. ella1989

Nov 28, 2010
    yes they are

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I am not sure what you mean by wobbly? I had one shipped egg with an air sack that was elongated down one side of the egg and it hatched. I would leave them in the incubator and see what happens. What day are you on in your incubation?

5. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    I've had shipped eggs with broken air cells hatch... If the cells are at the big end, put it in an egg carton (you can cut 4 cups off the carton so it's stabilized or to put more in) and if the air cell is on the side, lay the egg down on it's side.. When you go into lockdown, make sure that no matter where the air cell is, the air cell itself is pointing UP!

Goddess [​IMG]

6. ella1989

Nov 28, 2010
    im on day 13 and thanlyou so much!

7. valley ranch

valley ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Greetings, Day 13, you can see the chick inside. If you see the shaded area and the veins above that you have a chick. I'ed ask the chick abour the air cell when it dries off. Good luck.

Richard

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by