Wobbly air-sacs?!

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
I have recieved some shipped eggs with wobbly air-sac, they don't appear to be completly detached, just moving around a bit... So, should I be concerned and what measures should I take in order to succsefully hatch some baby ducklins?!

Quote:
Its a little hard to take you seriously with your avatar LOL jk.

Okay well. There are a lot of topics on this but you have to make sure that they do not move when going into incubation.

I personally would get my money back. But some people have successfully done it. They are pretty hardy chicks.

In my personal experience, those with detached air sacks never developed. Now I do have some bantam Cochin eggs in the bator now and most have detached air sacks, but I have 4 or 5 eggs that are developing. I quit buying shipped eggs a long time ago and have only recently purchased two sets of eggs from two different breeders.

Supposedly if you let them sit, the air sacks will sometimes reattach.

I too have mailed eggs that have a moving air sac. Then I question that as it shouldn't be possible if that occured. Point your airsac end up and pray for the best!
Not sure about "getting you money back" as I feel this could happen in shipping, once eggs leave the breeders hands its considered "your" problem.

Personally I will not buy eggs online again.

Quote:
Well I was going to let them rest 24hrs, should I wait longer than that?

Quote:
Oh I expected it a bit, the eggs came a long way so it is in no way the breededs fault.

24 hours should be enough, but like I said previously, rest the air sacs, during incubation, higher then the point end. Even if it takes a few paper towels to lay them on.
Good Luck!

Quote:
Thanks, I need it after last hatch, I think I'm going to try the egg carton method for these guys.

The wobbly air sac is definitely from the shipping and in no way the fault of the shipper. I don`t think waiting more than 24 hours would do any good. An auto turner would be good and avoid handling as much as possible. If you candle, just get a flash light and candle it from the top, moving the light instead of turning the egg.

Quote:
Thanks, I need it after last hatch, I think I'm going to try the egg carton method for these guys.

I would highly recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom