Wobbly duckling. What to do?

I'd go and get some liquid B complex it can be given to any other ducklings you have too but when one is showing niacin deficiency giving the liquid B complex seems to help them quicker. You can get human at most stores that sell vitamins or go to TSC and buy in the cattle section.. TSC is 1 ml a day over feed or treats just enough of either so she gets full amount of the liquid. Or if you get human b complex it's 3ml day since it isn't as concentrated as TSC. Usually once started if niacin def and most likely it is they recover pretty quick possibly a week or less depending on how long it's been going on. So very important to get them started asap.

Yeah, I have been giving them niacin since they were 2 days old, about a tbsp or 2 per day. I have also been giving them a little bit of Apple Cider Vinegar in their water, about an 1/8th tsp a day. Also been supplementing with oats and spinach.

She seems to be getting better, but slowly. I just thought she would have recovered by now.

I know you said you’ve been giving niacin do you know how many megs your giving ?ducklings need around 125 mgs a day. I would really try and get the Liquid B complex and try that with her. Sure won’t hurt. Adorable little ones

Bigger Brooder or more room to run to strengthen legs.
Definitely a deeper water container too. Peas and Romain Lettuce and supply Grit too.
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG

Back
Top Bottom