Wobbly head, please help! SOMEONE please help! Bloody Poop!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CrazyFowlFreak, May 29, 2010.

1. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Chick has a wobbly head. Waiting on vidoe to upload.
    When I picked her up, her head was flopping from side to side like she has a brain injury. It looked like her neck was made of rubber. It's calmed down a bit, she's eating, drinking, pooping fine. Just sitting on my floor next to me, hanging out and singing her head off, no crying, just really pretty singing. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Just noticed a poo with blood in it, just a touch, and then just a second ago, a poo with more blood-almost all!

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Somebody please help me.[​IMG]

3. MotherJean

MotherJean Chillin' With My Peeps

Your chick may have coccidiosis. Blood in their poo is a common sign. Are you feeding your chicks medicated chick starter?

4. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Get SULMET... yep sulmet.. don't mess with the chick starter because it is already there... Cocci is deadly... Get the Sulmet and then put them on medicated feed till they are 4 months old.

5. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    I started her on Sulmet as soon as I saw the blood in the stool. I'll need to start the others in the pen as well, right? What about the wobbley head bobbing thing??

6. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Anyone know anything about the bobbly head?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by