Wobbly Wibbly Chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PastaChickenBoo, Mar 18, 2017.

1. PastaChickenBoo

PastaChickenBoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    So we have a Golden Comet chick. She's pretty weak, and she can't seem to keep on her feet before losing balance needing to lay down. There are no visible growths, bruises, or anything. The other day she fell out of the brooder (a hieght of about five inches or so). Any thoughts?

2. PastaChickenBoo

PastaChickenBoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    Update - one of her legs seems to be injured but not broken, twisted, or bruised. It might be numb from sleeping in the wrong position, and she sleeps A LOT (we're suspecting narcolepsy).

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How old is she? I would put some poultry vitamins and electrolytes in the water for a couple of days. Make sure that she is drinking by dipping her beak into the water for a second, and letting her swallow each time. Do that several times an hour all day long. How warm is the brooder--do you have a heat lamp or other heat source? She may have gotten too cold or injured herself. Getting as much fluid into her as possible may help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by