1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wohoo! We should have some Mothers' Day Chicks :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Vention, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Vention

Vention In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Mexico
    So I didn't really get anything for my birthday yesterday LOL, but, I found my hen sitting on her clutch of eggs! These will be my first chicks if all goes well. She is sitting on 2 golden duckwing OEGB, 2 Pumpkin/Turken bantam F1 cross, and 9 standard game chicken. Hopefully everyone hatches because I really need those bantams! I am going to be starting a new project breeding game banties. Well anyways sorry for the ramble I'm just really excited for these chicks! :D And yes I'll be sure to spam you guys with pictures when they hatch LOL

2. Amarisus

Amarisus Songster

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    Yay! [​IMG]watching momma birds hatch and take care of there own babies is so much fun! Good luck!

3. Vention

Vention In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Mexico
    Thank you! :)
    I think this will be a great experience for myself and my smaller sister.
    And other good news, I also bought some young bantams for the project. 1 BB red cockerel, and a pair of whites/pyle. These guys are just called costa rica bantams here. Any small (And a wide range in small; Anything smaller than standard size) chicken that has a game look is just called a "costa rica" bantam. Not sure why costa rican. My goal is to actually breed and create a standard for these so called costa ricans by line breeding :eek:)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  4. Amarisus

Amarisus Songster

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    That sounds awesome! Can you post pictures?

5. Vention

Vention In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Mexico
    I've honestly been wanting to post pictures but I can't seem to find my camera's SD card. But I will sure to start up a new thread in the Breeds section if I can find it. :)

6. Vention

Vention In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Mexico
    Well I was originally expecting these guys for the 10th (Mother's day in Mexico) But as of right now I've got 3 little 3 heads poking out of mom! :D I'm so excited! I hope the other 10 hurry up and join them as well LOL.

7. Vention

Vention In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Mexico
    Sounds like another one's pipping! :D

8. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Yay. I hope they all hatch. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by