Wolf kills mule

Status
Not open for further replies.
wolves have to eat to survive just like we do...so they have to kill and eat...they go after the old, weak (unhealthy), or young...its called ecosystem management...the mule was probably unhealthy or had something wrong with her...these people obviously knew there were wolves out there and yet they let their animals roam unsupervised...its their own fault they lost an animal...I have lost animals (companion animals also...not just livestock) due to predators and when I loose an animal to predators I dont blame the predator I blame myself...I think about what I can do to make sure this doesnt happen again...its not their fault...they HAVE to eat to survive! humans have been the ones destroying the land the wolves hunt on and moving more and more into their hunting land...its not the wolves fault...they are just trying to survive...

Last edited:
I watched it. Powerful video, definitely graphic, so if anyone can't take kill pics, don't watch! Doesn't bother me to see kill pics, just hate that it was a trained pack mule, not a deer the wolf pack killed. I've never understood why people say wolves would rather kill a deer than a slower, easier to catch animal. Seems to me, they kill what they can catch in order to survive.
hu.gif
If it's someone's companion animal, then that's what they go for.

wolves have to eat to survive just like we do...so they have to kill and eat...they go after the old, weak (unhealthy), or young...its called ecosystem management...the mule was probably unhealthy or had something wrong with her...these people obviously knew there were wolves out there and yet they let their animals roam unsupervised...its their own fault they lost an animal...I have lost animals (companion animals also...not just livestock) due to predators and when I loose an animal to predators I dont blame the predator I blame myself...I think about what I can do to make sure this doesnt happen again...its not their fault...they HAVE to eat to survive! humans have been the ones destroying the land the wolves hunt on and moving more and more into their hunting land...its not the wolves fault...they are just trying to survive...

X2

If you want to live out in the nature , you have to deal with what nature throws at you . Dont cry when you live there for a few years and a wolf eats one of your animals. THey lived there for thousands of years and you just happend to build a house in their territory. Its like the rich people building houses out in the country and then complain because its the country and there are cows and chickens. You get what you asked for. Wolves have to live somewhere.

If you want to live out in the nature , you have to deal with what nature throws at you . Dont cry when you live there for a few years and a wolf eats one of your animals. THey lived there for thousands of years and you just happend to build a house in their territory. Its like the rich people building houses out in the country and then complain because its the country and there are cows and chickens. You get what you asked for. Wolves have to live somewhere.

x2

The owners of the mule make a living packing people in the wild areas so they understand (more than most) the ecology of wolves trust me they have been overeducated by the government on how to live with them so stating obvious fact about taking what comes when living in the wild is an insult to thier intelligence really.

The issue is complex but not impossible. They want the right to protect thier life and properety from a predator. You see in the country we have predators and they play a role in nature but when they develope a taste for slow moving domestic animals they must be controlled or they harm themselves in the end. There are sexual predators in the cities and urban or shall we say non-wild areas and what do you suppose you all do with them? let them roam? post your names any mother that will not protect your children from a sexual predator, after all they are just doing what seems natural... and ok to them afterall they have to survive too... predators are predators.

According to the video the mule was very healthy again an insult to the intelligence of horse/mule owners. The mules were fenced within private property again an insult to thier intelligence, they did what was required by law to contain thier stock. They were told by the government that wolves will eat wild animals over domestic stock and there was 2000 elk wintering within 1 mile of the kill site, I know that area very well.

The wolves released in the West are not native to Oregon we had a much smaller subspecies that was less aggressive. These are the larger Canadian wolves that have evolved to a stature capable of killing 400lb caribou and 1500lb moose they are like putting grizzly bear(s) in your henhouse.

As the area grows and developes the same concerns/practices that keep wolves out of cities will be put into effect and what usually happens when traditional land uses in an area die off subrerban developement occurs and another wild area is gone, is that what you want? if not then let the ranchers and farmers protect thier stock. The USFW has delisted wolves in eastern oregon the hang up is the ODFW will not as stated in the article. Watch the video.

You obviously have children as I do would you feel the same about sexual predators? let them live in your neighborhood? walk through your school's playground since they grew up there? Put yourself in thier place/situation. These country folks considered the mule a family member.

As seen with many subjects until it effects you directly it is OK There is a saying "a liberal is only a liberal until thier first mugging."

Last edited:
I actually track them and when one back in Florida tried to move close to school , i reported him. instead of getting released he got deported to Mexico. but i do know the difference between a animal and a human. They knew there are wolves in the area. Would you move right next to a sex offender? no, you wouldnt. You do research FIRST of where they live and then you pick your place. You cant say " yeah , i knew tht my neighbor is a known sex predator, but i didnt care. I didnt think he would do anything. I want him gone. You point of a sex offender isnt valid, since it is your RESPONSIBILTY to check about danger BEFORE you move somewhere. Dont move into the hood and complain your house get shot up, dont move where you know there is a sex offender next door and if you love your family dont move into an area where there are wolves .They were willing to take the risk at the cost of their family pets. Its just as bad as people in Florida moving out in the country next to a lake or river and then wonder why their dog got eaten by a gator. WEll duh, its Florida, they gators live there. Next thing you know they get pushed away and have to find new habitats in another area. Its not the animals fault that they ate the mule dog, its the owners fault for not proberly researching first. I dont feel sorry for the people here in Ft Riley that let their animals(cats and dogs) stray around and then they complain they dissappear. Well lets see, when you drive to work in the morning, do you see the coyotes by the road? Yes? WEll they have to eat and your pets dont have anough survival skills to live out in the prairie at night.

That has got to be the MOST ridiculous argument I've ever heard! By your reasoning, then if a bear or wolf or whatever walks into your backyard in Chicago or Indianapolis or Kansas City (or insert the name of ANY large town here) and eats one of your kids or pets, it's no big deal, it's to be expected..... because at some point in time ALL of those metropolitan areas were wildlands. Does the fact that a plot of ground was built on 150 years ago make it better than the plot of ground that was built on 10 years ago? Are wild animals ok as long as they don’t dare to come into “populated areas”? If it affects only 1 or two families it’s ok, but let a black bear walk down a suburban street and it is the end of the world! Most every newspaper account of a lion, bear or moose entering even a podunk small town usually ends badly for the animal. Your argument contains no logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom