1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wolf Lake Swap Meet???

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by animalsRawesome, Apr 15, 2011.

1. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Hi. Didn't really know where to put this...so sorry if it's in the wrong spot.
    There is a swap meet in Northern Indiana That I usually go to called wolf lake swap meet. Does anyone know when it is? I know it's on a saturday, I think it starts in may, but don't know which saturday in may it is for sure. I would deffinatly recomend it to everyone, it's lots of fun. Thanks.[​IMG]

2. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    first one is may 7th

3. animalsRawesome

Apr 12, 2011
    Thank you duck&chickencrazy! I'll put it on my calandar...already making a wishlist of all the things I want. [​IMG]

4. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I think will end up taking one of my ducks to sell. Not sure yet. I live close and have never been there. [​IMG]

5. animalsRawesome

Apr 12, 2011
    Lifesong Farm:

What kind of ducks do you have?
    You should definatly go, even if you decide not to sell your duck. It's lots of fun to see everyone elses animals! take a cage too, unless you leave your cash at home, you'll probably come home with a new addition to the farm. [​IMG]

6. Lifesong Farm

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I have a blue Swedish drake ( I think ) I need to sell. I have 2 that I think are drakes and only 1 hen.
    I forgot that it costs $20. I would pay more to sell him than I would get out of him. Lol

The first one is May 7th right? I don't even remember how to get there. I know its just a few miles down the road but that's it.

7. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Quote:Therein lies the problem. When it started, that's all it was. Local selling excess animals. Now it's more of a flea market. I don't enjoy it near as much as I use to. I now only go once/year if at all. I like going, but usually end up coming home disapointed that I went.

8. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Who went? How was it?

9. Lifesong Farm

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I didn't get to go. I ended up having to deliver 2 Oberhasli wethers as a surprise to my friends dad.

10. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    We went. Sprinkled a tad, not too bad though. Lots to see. I picked up a real nice trio of white bantam cochins, a nice pair of black standard cochins, and a beautiful standard blue cochin with red shoulders who I plan to cross onto my partridge cochin hens, we'll see what happens there. My daughter took off and came back with a pair of call duck males, i have no idea what she plans to do with them...? Their a bit big and not really typie but she wanted them i wasn't there to point out defects. She was looking for welsh harlequins, bummer she didn't find them! Oh and i got 7 isa brown hens.
    I unfortunately came home with 3/4 of the isa brown pullets that i took down. Their at the stinky, eating a ton and awkwardly ugly stage, Apparently few people figured out that at 3 weeks old their 1 month closer to laying than those cute fuzzy chicks down the aisle, and as pullets, they stand a much better chance of getting a layer. Oh well, they look ok in my coop.... for now anyway

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by