wolfdog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by onecent, Nov 2, 2010.

1. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my wolfdog, woofy. German Shepherd/wolf cross, very intelligent boy!
    6wks [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    woofy 5 months
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

He's very nice looking.

Imp

3. onecent

Quote:Thank you! i love him! [​IMG]

4. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I have a close friend of mine living with me because of family problems and she has a wolf hybrid that is between 85% and 95% timber wolf and the rest is malamute and German Shepard. She doesn't know exact numbers becuz before the problems her mom bought him cheap from a bad breeder but he is one of the sweetest hybrids Ive ever met. He is a little over a year and is around 80lbs but doesn't give us as much trouble as I was expecting from such high content (just depends on the wolf lol) he actually looks extremely similar to yours (he even has that humongous floppy tongue lol) but is way more fuzzy cuz of the malamute. Actually my friend's gets a pretty bad limp for only being one and I'm not sure if its because hez part shepard or hasn't fed the correct diet as he grew but if I were you I would watch that in Woofy just to be safe. He is absolutely beautiful and keep posting pics [​IMG] !!!

5. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Wolf content is often overrepresented by shady breeders in order to make sales. Your friend should get her dog x-rayed and if needed, a treatment plan in place as soon as possible. If her dog has a serious bony defect, it's likely to get more expensive and more painful for him the longer she waits. It could be a simple injury that needs time to heal, but it's also important to remember that crossbreeding is not a surefire way to avoid complex genetic problems like hip dysplasia.

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Pretty boy

7. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    He is very pretty! Looks much dogier(and less wolfy) than most hybrids I've seen! He's a pretty boy.

8. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    I have one! heres Mieko he's husky/timberwolf [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. onecent

Quote:Hes a big handsome guy!!!

10. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Wow - he's pretty. I'm curious to know though how does he get along with your other smaller dogs and 50 cats?

Does he come in the house or is he strickly out in the kennel?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by