Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SpringChickens, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Does anyone know anything about it? My 5 yo DD has had a few episodes of tachycardia recently and finally got in to see the pediatric cardiologist this morning. He said he wasn't 100% sure, but he thought she had Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. It is apparently the most common cause of tachycardia in children (0.1 - 0.3%), and can be relatively asymptomatic, but he thought that she would eventually need to be on beta-blockers or have a surgery to ensure normal quality of life. He gave us a letter to give her teachers to instruct them what they need to do in case of an episode and wants us to record every episode of tachycardia in a diary so we can get an idea of its severity.

I'm trying not to worry too much but I was just wondering if anyone else knew anything about it from personal experience. I'm trying to avoid Dr. Google because there are too many worst case scenarios out there.

Thanks!

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by