women's sports

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Jul 12, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    we ladies love sports. What is your favorite sport? what have you played in. what are your stats? what have you always wanted to play. who is your favorite sports star? Cheer leading, horse training, swimming. rafting, dancing, and obscure sports count too.

what about women's sports compared to mens? should there be integrated teams? I think in some sports yes there should be. Anyone ever weight lift? I use to love to lift weights before my accident. Should girls be allowed to play football in highschool? I would have loved to play football in highschool

I was never on an official team but I loved sports growing up. Horse training, dancing, back yard games of football and soccer, swimming and many other games made up my childhood. I wish I had gotten to be in some teams as a child but we could never afford it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Dancing is an obscure sport? Excuse me?? [​IMG]
    Dacning is my life. I've been dancing since I was three. Tap, Ballet, Jazz, Hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, classical ballet, and, this next year in sept., Pointe!
    Basically, I love it. I really miss it during the summer [​IMG]

Besides that, I love to swim, I love to mountain bike, I love to lift weights (is that a sport?), and we have a teatherball court on my farm. In case you haven't noticed, I'm very athletic...

3. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:i didn't say dancing us an obscure sport, though i did typo the "and" which i'm about to fix.

do you compete in those activities? or is it just for pleasure?

4. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Quote:i didn't say dancing us an obscure sport, though i did typo the "and" which i'm about to fix.

Yes I do compete in dancing. And I knew what you meant by "obscure." Not many people consider dancing a sport...

5. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama

Yes I do compete in dancing. And I knew what you meant by "obscure." Not many people consider dancing a sport...

having danced all my life I consider it more of a sport than golf! [​IMG]

I also consider cheerleading a sport too. It's tough!

What is your favorite from of dancing? I use to teach basic ladies traditional buckskin and basic fancy shawl dancing to girls. I also use to take belly dancing and was once on an island dance team. It's hard for me to pick hat I love the most

6. Joz

Joz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    MidCity, New Orleans
    Flat-Track Roller Derby. [​IMG]

http://wftda.com/

(no, that's not me.... but I have skated with the poor unfortunate jammer who took that crazy hit!)

7. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:are you in that video?

8. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Yes I do compete in dancing. And I knew what you meant by "obscure." Not many people consider dancing a sport...

having danced all my life I consider it more of a sport than golf! [​IMG]

I also consider cheerleading a sport too. It's tough!

What is your favorite from of dancing? I use to teach basic ladies traditional buckskin and basic fancy shawl dancing to girls. I also use to take belly dancing and was once on an island dance team. It's hard for me to pick hat I love the most

I don't think I could pick a favorite. Contemporary, lyrical, tap, and hip hop are probably the ones I like the most. But I love all kinds of dancing [​IMG]

9. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    I get the pleasure of photographing the worlds fastest ladies every weekend!

This past weekend, 7 time Womens class Cross country champion Traci Cecco finished 3rd overall out of over 300 riders, and won her class at a national race in Ohio. Traci man handles a 400 pound atv for 2 hours over some of the nastiest terrain you will ever see! She is but one of the women in this sport that competes.

[​IMG]

Heather Bryd is the reigning National Motocross champ for the 6th or 7th year straight. Amazing women!!

[​IMG]

10. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:that is impressive. are you a professional photographer?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by