Women's winter jeans... the impossible find

FeatheredFriends&Horses2

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 18, 2018
Nebraska
A little background: I live in NE and work on a ranch. Winter days can be brutal. Last year I found some flannel-lined straight leg jeans at Bass Pro, and I LOVE them. Now the issue is that the inseam is probably about 31-32" I ride horses a lot, and for me, the ideal inseam is 34". These jeans work, but definitely don't fully cover my boots when riding.
The problem: So I think I'm going to buy more flannel or fleece lined jeans with a 34" inseam. Shouldn't be too difficult, right? No. I only found 2 companies that sell what I'm looking for. The first one is $50 but out of stock of any size that will remotely fit me. The second one is basically the perfect pair. Except they're $100. I'm a college student so... that's not happening. I'm almost considering just buying some low rise guy's jeans. Because yes, there is like a gazillion pairs of men's flannel/fleece lined jeans. So, does anybody know of any good places to find what I'm looking for?

Y
A little background: I live in NE and work on a ranch. Winter days can be brutal. Last year I found some flannel-lined straight leg jeans at Bass Pro, and I LOVE them. Now the issue is that the inseam is probably about 31-32" I ride horses a lot, and for me, the ideal inseam is 34". These jeans work, but definitely don't fully cover my boots when riding.
The problem: So I think I'm going to buy more flannel or fleece lined jeans with a 34" inseam. Shouldn't be too difficult, right? No. I only found 2 companies that sell what I'm looking for. The first one is $50 but out of stock of any size that will remotely fit me. The second one is basically the perfect pair. Except they're $100. I'm a college student so... that's not happening. I'm almost considering just buying some low rise guy's jeans. Because yes, there is like a gazillion pairs of men's flannel/fleece lined jeans. So, does anybody know of any good places to find what I'm looking for?
You could check your local thrift store! I think that would be an okay item from the thrift store, I'm sure they would be worn. If you found the right pair it would be good

I'll definitely keep a lookout there! :)
Unfortunately I checked recently, and they barely have any women's bootcut jeans at all, much less lined ones. That's not too surprising though. I live in a small rural town and when people find good jeans, they hold onto them for a good while. If/when they outgrow them and they're still in good condition, they usually give them directly to friends. Also, I don't really know how many people around here wear lined jeans. I was on a trip with some friends in the middle of winter when I got mine, and they all told me I was crazy and lined jeans were a dumb idea. I was like, listen people, these are the warmest, most comfortable jeans I have ever worn, don't bash them until you've tried them! :lol:
Yep! My thrift store by my house usually only has ripped jeans... I can never find bootcut. All of my friends and people at school call me "horse girl" because of the way I dress. They are pretty comfy and really warm.

Yep! My thrift store by my house usually only has ripped jeans... I can never find bootcut. All of my friends and people at school call me "horse girl" because of the way I dress. They are pretty comfy and really warm.
😂 Yeah, I was the "horse girl" at my school too. Like I said, I live in a rural town, pop. 7500 in NE, but my school was still mostly "town kids." Basically the only people that really got away with wearing bootcut jeans and boots were the guys. Right now I'm at an ag college and everybody dresses like that. Finally a school where I can wear boots without having people look at me funny!

Honestly, men's jeans work quite well. I occasionally have to alter a pair so they fit, but other than that, I prefer them over women's. The pockets are larger, which is a bonus.

Y

You could check your local thrift store!
I'll definitely keep a lookout there! :)
Unfortunately I checked recently, and they barely have any women's bootcut jeans at all, much less lined ones. That's not too surprising though. I live in a small rural town and when people find good jeans, they hold onto them for a good while. If/when they outgrow them and they're still in good condition, they usually give them directly to friends. Also, I don't really know how many people around here wear lined jeans. I was on a trip with some friends in the middle of winter when I got mine, and they all told me I was crazy and lined jeans were a dumb idea. I was like, listen people, these are the warmest, most comfortable jeans I have ever worn, don't bash them until you've tried them! :lol:

I believe LLBean is still selling fleece lined jeans, they also have flannel lined but fleece is much warmers and lasts longer than flannel that gets thinner and thinner with each wash/dry cycle until it's in threads.

Lands end offered fleece lined jeans but, they didn't show up when trying to order online.
I then went to their store and the manager couldn't find it available either. Finally after some digging via phone calls found out the manufacturer had recalled them. They never said WHY!!

I believe LLBean is still selling fleece lined jeans, they also have flannel lined but fleece is much warmers and lasts longer than flannel that gets thinner and thinner with each wash/dry cycle until it's in threads.

Lands end offered fleece lined jeans but, they didn't show up when trying to order online.
I then went to their store and the manager couldn't find it available either. Finally after some digging via phone calls found out the manufacturer had recalled them. They never said WHY!!
Thanks! Don't you hate it when that happens?!?! Like, you had a good thing going, why change it?!

Back
Top Bottom