Wonder how many other husbands are making brooders this weekend

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TLWR, Mar 3, 2013.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    He didn't believe me when I said probably quite a few.

I mentioned today that since we are keeping all 6 birds for another week before rehoming 3, they were going to need a bigger brooder and we'd need to keep them inside for another week since it is COLD here.
    So we gathered all the pieces from last years on the porch duck brooder and brought it in and put it by the front door.

Then I mentioned a brooder I had seen here in somebody's office. It is white, looks like furniture (could be converted furniture or was built that way, not sure). 2 or 3 tiers tall. Maybe wheels. I just went though 50 pages in the brooder thread and didn't find it. I know I've seen it in the last month or so. Anybody know the one I speaking of and can find a link. I was going to show him that ours wasn't quite as upscale as he initially thought [​IMG] Ours it totally functional, but not furniture like and doesn't look like it belongs in our front entry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pellepeterson

pellepeterson Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    The Woods of Maine
    Count me in...just got the bug and mumma won. Chickens it is! Glad to be here!

3. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

We just finished ours last night...very "Low Tech", but functional. Our fluff balls are shipping tomorrow! Yay!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by