wonderful DH Ted

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by goobhen, Aug 7, 2009.

1. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    My DH let me get chickens because he did not want: goats, horses, cows, llamas, etc. He told me he would make my coop, do all construction for it. He also told me the he WOULD NOT feed, water or do anything else to take care of my chickens.
    He had today off, so what did he do? He cleaned out my coop, stripped it down to the bare wood, washed (scrubbed it down) and aired it out. I did not ask him to do it, he just did it. We have been married for almost three years. He is the best man I have met. My mother and her prayer partner prayed for me for years that God would bless me with a wonderful husband. I told them they would have to do the praying, because I was just fine as a single mom. Well their prayers were answered. He is helping my son go to college. He has helped me so much, he is my better half! I am the luckiest woman in the world, IMHO! I just wanted to share this with you! Theresa [​IMG]

2. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Songster

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    [​IMG] I'm so happy for you!! Love works strange magic on us all! [​IMG]

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    See! Praying DOES work! You always remember that!

4. Sitka

Sitka Songster

Jul 7, 2009
    Seattle, Washington
    Let's hear it for TED !!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

YOU DA MAN !!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    [​IMG] YAY ted!
    [​IMG]
    Congrats on your DH! He sounds wonderful! Does he have any single brothers?!? [​IMG]

6. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Good men are hard to find - you're one of the lucky ones!

7. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Did that sound a little jaded? Just to be fair, good women are also hard to find, too. [​IMG]

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Ted sounds a lot like my husband. Except mine hasn't cleaned the coop, yet. He did build it, though, and spent half of last weekend building a pergola to support the tarp so the chickens and ducks have some shade, and it doesn't collapse when we get three inches of rain at a time.

Aren't we lucky?

[​IMG]

9. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:We are very lucky! It's supposed to get in the mid 90's with the humidity about the same, Ted is working on my coop again. He is reinforcing the new run. We are going to Lowe's to get some additional items to put up the nesting boxes.

Sjisty, I sounded just like you (jaded yes) when I first met Ted. We became great friends first (7-8)years ago. There are great men out there. They could be your co-worker, the man with the nice smile at the store, you just have to keep an eye out for them!

Ted doesn't have an available brothere. I have a single brother, divorced. He makes a great living. He needs to be HOUSE TRAINED(or trained to be a greatguy). I wanted to introduce him to a friend, but I debated the issue to long, she found a guy. My brother is very opinionated, always right, and makes you (me) the butt of his joke. (I am his #1 target as I am the only daughter, 4 brothers). He is 52, any lady interested in him, let me know. You will have to be a really strong woman! Theresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: