Wonderful Rooster saved my career!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by A Carolina Chick, Jul 10, 2008.

1. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    We had storms last night here in NC and it knocked the electricity out. Well, I had a very important meeting in which I was the main speaker and was scheduled for 8 am. The meeting was an hour away. I would have been late had it not been for our rooster who crowed at exactly 6 am and woke me up. He did not crow again until 7 am and woke my hubby up (he failed to get up when I tried to get him up) and he was on time for his meeting (that I had no idea about). Just one more advantage to having chickens!

2. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yayyy for a rooster's crow!

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    My cat used to do that for me. If for some reason I slept in too long, she'd come in and meow that panicy meow and get me up so I could get to work on time. Unfortunately she had trouble understanding weekends. I'd have to say, "Mokey, it's Saturday" and she'd go away. [​IMG]

5. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    YAY to your rooster!!!!

Mr. Rooster starts going off at 4:30am, but being down by the barn I hardly hear him, but hes outside my bedroom everymorning at 6:30 am. So much better waking to him then to an alarm clock IMO

6. manfre

manfre Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    Cary, NC
    In high school, I had watch with an alarm that crowed like a rooster. I'm not a morning person, so sadly the watch "flew the coop".

7. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I have too roos that get into a crowing contest each morning lol it is hilarious! Love hearing it though!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by