Wondering how much silver apple yard ducks go for

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TheBirdMan5, Nov 16, 2013.

1. TheBirdMan5

TheBirdMan5 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2013
    I have some silver apple yard ducks that I have had for a year or so now and they had a few ducklings this year and im wondering how much to sell them for. if you have any info please leave a reply. Thank you. Jay in MA

2. TheBirdMan5

Nov 16, 2013
    ????????

3. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

It really depends on the market and if they are show quality or just egg layers. That's my take on it, at least. I hope someone more knowledgeable will respond!

4. TheBirdMan5

Nov 16, 2013
    ok thank you

5. StruckBy

StruckBy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2012
    Marcola, OR
    I agree that it depends on the market. I paid $20 each for mine at 6 months old. They are right on the edge of show-quality vs pet quality. I'd spend some time on your local craigslist & see what ducks are going for in general. Around here, whether they're sexed &, once sexed, hen vs drake makes a much bigger difference than breed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. Peeko

Peeko Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2012
    Northern California
    We sold two of our miniature silver appleyards this year for $25 each to separate buyers when they were between 6-8 weeks, but we still have the other two from this summer's hatch. It does seem to me there isn't much of a market for folks who will pay pet prices for poultry. Most folks seeking heritage breeds will get the eggs online.

7. Texas gal

Texas gal New Egg

Feb 12, 2015
    I am looking for some miniature Appleyard ducks or ducklings please let me know of anyone that has any for sale

8. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
  9. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2012
    Jay, are these regular size Appleyards or minis?? Whoops.. just saw the thread is two years old....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by