Wondering if anyone has done this?

Britt712

Chirping
Jun 15, 2020
Tennessee
I have a PETSPIONEER humidifier I have been using for my veiled chameleon. I have some eggs in lockdown and was having trouble upping the humidity so I decided to cut a hole near the bottom of the bator (eggs are elevated in a container so they are not getting directly showered in fog) and push the tip of the hose through the hole. Next I set the humidifier to come on every 30 minutes for 2 minutes at the lowest fog setting and my humidity seems to keep stable at 60-63% :bow
The fog is quite cool which is why it's not above the eggs or near my fan. It might drop my temp no more than a whole degree but at this point humidity is far more important than a slight degree change at this point. Now I dont have to worry about opening the bator during lockdown and letting the heat and humidity escape just so i can do a refill on water :woot
Has anyone else tried this method for a homemade bator during lockdown? I am interested in seeing others methods!

I have a PETSPIONEER humidifier I have been using for my veiled chameleon. I have some eggs in lockdown and was having trouble upping the humidity so I decided to cut a hole near the bottom of the bator (eggs are elevated in a container so they are not getting directly showered in fog) and push the tip of the hose through the hole. Next I set the humidifier to come on every 30 minutes for 2 minutes at the lowest fog setting and my humidity seems to keep stable at 60-63% :bow
The fog is quite cool which is why it's not above the eggs or near my fan. It might drop my temp no more than a whole degree but at this point humidity is far more important than a slight degree change at this point. Now I dont have to worry about opening the bator during lockdown and letting the heat and humidity escape just so i can do a refill on water :woot
Has anyone else tried this method for a homemade bator during lockdown? I am interested in seeing others methods!
Awesome! I have no idea, never tried it. Glad it works for you though! Maybe post a couple pics so others can visualize it?

You could also just use a larger water tray for lockdown.
I have a very large tray at the bottom along with 2 wet washcloths and the humidity would go up for a short period and drop down to the low 50s after about an hour because I have quite a few ventilation holes for oxygen. I could cover some up but it raises the temps too much because the room they're in is quite warm. This was more of an experiment to see if it would work and it does apparently! So I guess I will just stick with it till the hatch is over.

Awesome! I have no idea, never tried it. Glad it works for you though! Maybe post a couple pics so others can visualize it?
I will defenitely post pictures! Probably after the hatch so I can get better pictures because everything is sorta tucked away to reduce temp fluctuation

Back
Top Bottom