Wondering what breed my chicks are...

Siber_AK49

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
Sterling, Alaska
Hi I got my first 6 chicks about 1 week ago and I adore them, the local feed store I got them from didn't know their breeds and I chose them by who came up to me while they were in the little cages.. Needless to say they're all supposed to be pullets -fingers crossed- but I was wondering if anyone could identify a breed they may be, they're still pretty much all fluff.

MyChickypoos.jpg

Left to Right (by name) Night Wing, Fruit Loop, Golden Eye, Batman, Fat Albert and Oreo

Note: Golden Eye has a silver casting on her fluff and her wing feathers so far are white, Night Wing's feathers on her wings so far are black, and the rest are a mix of white and black on their wings (Fruit Loop and Fat Albert have less black on their wings it's more "speckled" where as Batman and Oreo have patches of black).

Last edited:
Night wing looks like she could be a barred rock (or cuckoo maran, or dominique
tongue.png
but barred rocks seem to be more prevalent)

Golden eye looks like she might be an EE, a guess based solely on the legs looking like they are colored.

Batman and Oreo look like they might be SLW, but I am not sure. What kind of comb do they have?

Fat Albert and Fruit Loop, I would be just guessing.

Fat Albert and Fruit Loop both look like they have feathered legs. I'd say Light Brahma... Batman and Oreo could be Black Australorps, Nightwing might be a Barred Rock, and Golden Eye has greenish legs so for now I say EE.

Seems to me they had SLWs and Buttercups there, plus a mixed bin of Bantams that they never identify or sex. I think they had Cochins, too...but don't quote me on that. Even though I've been cut off from buying new chicks from the feedstore, I still like to look... chickens are my gemstones of choice.
lol.png

Heh.. Before I got these guys I never knew there was anyplace else you could get chicks let alone have them shipped to you etc. This has opened new gateways for me lol. I know they had some chicks there before they got the "layers" at Cad-Re that weren't sexed, and I asked about these guys breeds (or possible breeds) and they didn't know a thing about them -sighs-
roll.png
My boyfriend wanted to get the pheasant chicks they had there for buy 10 get 10 free lol.. We left without them
tongue.png
, I'll stick to my chickens
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom