Wondering what these little bantams are...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by apack711, Sep 1, 2010.

1. apack711

apack711 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    NH/MA seacoast
    I got a dozen eggs for my broody hen to hatch, most of them were silkies and a few were "mystery" eggs as I forget what they were supposed to be. So now everyone is around 4 months old and I'm just wondering what these two little tiny chickens are. I've got a little pullet and a cockerel. I thought maybe they were either OEGBs or Seramas ... or maybe they are little mixes? Please give me your opinions on these guys ... they are so cute and little [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

older pics ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Also, what would you say this guy is? When he was a chick everyone thought he was a Partridge Cochin ... now I'm not so sure?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a little younger ....

[​IMG]

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Im not sure on breeds. But the hens in the first 2 photos have neat looking tails [​IMG] not sure about being seramas..the tails should match the height of the head I think, when they do the pose and should have a short curved back.
    All those birds are pretty though [​IMG]

3. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I would bet (based on the baby pictures) that the two little ones are Seramas. The bigger one looks to be a cross between a Partridge Cochin and a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    The look like OEGB
    The older rooster is a SLW Mix Roo. [​IMG]

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I would guess Serama on the two little ones. Aren't OEGs supposed to have pinkish-white legs? The big guy looks like a SLW/Cochin cross. Could be a Brahma/SLW cross too but that rose comb is very well defined.

6. apack711

apack711 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    NH/MA seacoast
    akcountrygrrl that's what I thought because of the yellow legs. Maybe they're a mix between the two? I really have no idea, all the chicks in that picture were all hatched under my broody hen ... including the bigger rooster. They're all the same age, and those two are soooo much smaller than all the rest. They're even half the size of the silkies, and the silkies are practically the same size as the "momma" who hatched them out and she's a little bantam brahma! They were the smallest chicks I've ever seen and the eggs were pretty small too, but I don't remember the woman I got them from saying anything about seramas ... so I guess they could just be little tiny mutts??! Thanks for the guesses everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by