Wonky-legged Porcelain d'Uccle pullet

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
I have an adorable, beautiful Porcelain d'Uccle. She's an itty-bitty little thing with an adorable temperament, just at point of lay. She can't stay here because she is somewhat spraddle-legged. She was perfect as a chick, but has developed a wide-legged stance and has trouble getting around. I want her to have a home where she can play and have no fear of being bred- this isn't that home.

I also insist that she *is* somewhere where she'll either be in a coop with heat or with Silkies or some other bird that won't be roosting, as she can't jump up to roost- she lost this ability in the deepest cold of winter and has some frostbite on the tips of her longest toes because of it. She can't keep warm by herself.

I can't cull her, because she is a sweet dolly. She will be a fabulous addition in an urban flock with a yard that she won't tear up. She will do well with small, gentle breeds, but will do poorly with larger birds as she moves slowly and isn't agile.

If you always wanted a gorgeous pet Porcelain d'Uccle, she's for you!

Edited because I have issued getting my phone to make coherent sentences...

Last edited:
Sounds like she would make a great house pet, too. What a shame we are not closer. The shipping alone would probably be tough on her. I sure hope you find her a really good home. Sounds like she would be a great pet for someone.

Quote:
Did you mean to say that? Had to read a few times to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me
tongue.png
She sounds precious!!!

Quote:
Did you mean to say that? Had to read a few times to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me
tongue.png
She sounds precious!!!

Sheesh! I also made it look like she had a gambling problem...stupid touch screen predictive text!

Quote:
tongue.png
She sounds precious!!!

Sheesh! I also made it look like she had a gambling problem...stupid touch screen predictive text!

hahaha Sorry I just had to make sure cause I thought hmmm ok no heated coop (indoor diaper lap chicken) but why not with silkies-theyd be a perfect match? LOL

Quote:

hahaha Sorry I just had to make sure cause I thought hmmm ok no heated coop (indoor diaper lap chicken) but why not with silkies-theyd be a perfect match? LOL

Thank you! I'm bound to make odd statements with the phone...will stick to the pc!

Wish I could take the little angel. I have a small flock of seramas that live in a little coop all by themselves. She would fit in great. Good luck.

I sent you another PM. I guess I will write you here just in case you didn't get it.
idunno.gif
Are you still looking for a home for Wonky? How old is she? If you are still looking for a home for here could you post or PM me some pics of her? What color eggs does this breed lay? Well the egg thing that is not that important. LOL!!!! I am just curious. We live on 3 acres that backs up to core property. We have a very nice coop for our girls. We live in the south so it is warm most of the time. When it does get cold we set up heat lamps for them. I don't think any of them roost at night. They all sleep together on the floor. Don't know why they just always have.
thumbsup.gif
We don't have any rooster and I don't really see any in our future. Our chickens are pets and we only use their eggs for breakfast.
big_smile.png
We have 4 Orpingtons and 1 EE. They are all very gentle girls. We have 5 be would like to complete our flock with 8. I don't know we might have the perfect set up for Wonky. So if you are still looking for a home for her, I would like to learn more about her. In addition to our birds chicken food I go down and feed them oates and fruits and veggies everyday. Is this something she would like? We are looking for birds that really like people or is she scared of people? I am just trying to make sure we would be a good match. Oh yea, you also said she has frost bite on her toe is that okay now or would it need medical attention. Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure we would be right for one another before I move her around.

Thanks,
Michelle
caf.gif

Quote:
I'm afraid I didn't get any PM from you!

Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom