Wont Be Chicks Much Longer..RIR, Welsummer, BR, BO 13 WKS (Pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jul 25, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just a few babies in the nursery pen today. I wanted to show BamaChicken some of her grandchicks, the RIR pullets. And Carri & Jody, here's Nugget. She's getting much bigger now-started out as a little smidge of a girl. The pretty Easter Egger in pic #6 is June, who is a month older than the rest of them. She's not too far from laying now. The Welsummer cockerel thinks she's hot stuff, too. She flew on my head yesterday to escape!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] They are all just lovely Cyn! [​IMG]

3. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    What a beautiful group of birds you have there!

4. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Pretty birds!

5. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Great looking chickens, Cynthia! I love your welsummer roo. Are you keeping him?

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Boy they really are growing up.....I have 5 of Julies Buffs now and only 1 is a cockeral...thats sweet.....

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That Welsummer roo and three pullets belong to amazondoc. He's a friendly sort, lots of personality. And he's huge for his age, seems to me. He's a bit banged up around his mouth and comb because he and my Black Ameraucana pullet, Gypsy, fight through the fence.
    Sandy, I didnt get any Buffs from Julie's eggs, just the RIRs hatched. From Jody's, I got three and only one was a pullet, little Nugget. One of the RIR pullets is a large girl with very thick legs and seems to be the head lady of this group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by