WOO HOO!! Check out my new japanese BTW hens!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NC29mom, Aug 27, 2010.

1. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Just got them today!!! 9 japanese BTW hens from S&C Bird Farm in Ohio. SOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo excited!!! I have 2 roosters currently, so I was in desperate need for some girlees. Unfortunatley, one of my roosters is going to be left out. I have choosen to let the non-dominant roo, Luther, take control of the new flock. Tiger, the dominant roo, has made me so mad with his jumping on Luther & dragging him across the yard. So, Luther will get the girls!

My hens arrived safely, sent yesterday at 1300 from Ohio express mail and recieved to my post office around noon today! Not too bad, huh?? Here's some pictures:

[​IMG]
    they act as if they are scared of me.....

[​IMG]
    Luther is the roo in the pen, Tiger is the roo outside. LUTHER had just mated with a hen for the first time in his life!!!!! It was so quick I didn't even get a picture, this was a few seconds later. (see the lucky girl.....)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SOOOO GORGEOUS!!! I'm so happy!! What a happy chick I am!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO![​IMG]:yiipchick:yiipchick [​IMG]:ya:ya:yiipchick

*****I also have 14 japanese btw bantam chicks in my barn (sssshhhhhhhh!!!!) They were born july 28th! Looks like I'm going to have a lot of boys.........have to have a bachelor pad I suppose!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Very pretty! [​IMG]

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Very pretty girls and look good for having been shipped. Congrats!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    AWESOME!!!
    That looks like 1 happy boy right there! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. TiaView

TiaView Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    Very pretty!

6. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Ended up putting both my roos in with the hens. SO FAR, SO GOOD. No fighting. And the hens are kissing both roos (you know, where they pick off the roos mouth). I think they might be ok. Last night was a bit hectic. They are in a coop that has a ladder leading up to a hole for them to go through which leads them to their sleeping quarters. We had to keep pushing the rooster out so the hens could watch him and follow. There were only a few hens that understood. We had to manually put the rest through the hole. Better luck tonight.

Can't wait to see if I get any eggs today. There was one egg in the box they were delievered in [​IMG]

7. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    could we see some pics of their pen

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    What beauties! [​IMG]

9. Amitist

Amitist Chillin' With My Peeps