woo hoo... i just finished setting eggs in fridge-bator...

gumbii

Songster
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
bell gardens, ca
my mini fridge incubator...

after a month of struggling with thermostats, i finally got me an aquamedic temperature controller used from my local fish shop... works amazing... then i put an extra fan because i felt like the bottom racks weren't getting hot like the top... also... when i had it in the living room the humidity was 45% but when i set it in my room, it went up to 65%... fail... so i took out one of the water pans... i think it's because of the other fan... oh well...

anyways...

WOO HOO!!!... 60 EGGS!!!!... i can't wait... all OEGB...

i'm sharing it with my neighbor and friend... the top rack is all mine... i'm expecting to get, bared blue, crele, lavender, cro-wing isabela, and mille fleur... my neighbor gave me some blue salmon eggs... i'm thrilled because i really like those birds, and some blue breasted reds... my friend just came with some blue, lavender, birchen, brassy back, and fawn silver duckwing... all from show quality parents...

i'm psyched with my mille fleur trio... they gave me 8 eggs in 9 days... they got over the cold really quick... i'll post pictures of the parents later...

oh, and wish me luck... ajkdfjaksldjfkalsjfdkal;dfj;kalsf...

when do i candle them...? day 7...? i'm just scared because i'm leaving for three days, but the good thing my friend will be around feeding the chickens and checking up on the bator...

thx for reading my excited rant...

Last edited:
Best wishes for an awesome hatch!
big_smile.png

Quote:
thank you...

but i made the thread too soon...
sad.png

i noticed the the motor wasn't strong enough for that many eggs... it's okay, i took 24 our and threw them in a hovabator with a turner... but still... sucks a lot... i'm hoping that it will be fine that way... or else i'll have to put a manual turner via electrical wire... i'm bummed out, but it's okay... this is that bator's first run... but i under engineered the turner... oh well...

still... wish me luck...!!! LOL...

Back
Top Bottom