Woo Hoo... The girls waited for daylight savings

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Firefyter-Emt, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Firefyter-Emt

Firefyter-Emt Chillin' With My Peeps

Well finally my girls decided to get off "chicken welfare" and start to pay rent. I got my first egg today! Now the other girls need to step up to the plate and start laying themselves! [​IMG]
  2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] congrats!
  3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] You go girls !!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Guess they needed that extra hour !!! CONGRATS !!!!
  4. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    yessss !!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  5. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Where's the picture, where's the picture? [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Some of my birds need a talking to as well. Apparently they think they can just live off the system and not work [​IMG]
  7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Some here these hens need to shape up or ship out only one egg yesterday out of 11 hens ! :mad: the most I have gotten this month is 3 I only have three hens laying. Everyone is coming out of the molt though so I should start getting eggs soon the marans and faverolles are starting to show intrest in the nest boxes again and so it the EE ! This is the end of the plain ol' brown eggs days hopefully because thats all I have had for a month is plain brown eggs!

8. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    I guess no one told my girls that they should be cutting back due to the shorter days because I got 9 eggs from 10 hens today! Our best day so far. [​IMG]
  9. Firefyter-Emt

Firefyter-Emt Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks all... Sorry, no photo. I had to get to work and by the time I got home the kiddos made it into corn muffins! [​IMG]

We did get one more today, late in the afternoon when my oldest found it, but it was not there this morning. With all hope they keep going! I have removed the wood eggs from the nest box and so far it's two for two in the nest boxes so they like them I guess.
  10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hey, maybe it was daylight savings! mine started today also!

what a day! woo hoooooO!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by