Wood chip stuck to feathers

EveningPrayer

Chirping
May 13, 2022
We have 10 day old chicks, and one of them has something sticky on the front of her feathers. A wood chip is stuck to her.l chest. We don’t know what she got into. (Our only guess is a sticker on the back of the thermometer, which has since been removed.) Anyway, we cannot get the chip off of her without hurting her. :( Is there anything I can safely use to soften the stickiness and remove the wood chip?
Thanks.

We have 10 day old chicks, and one of them has something sticky on the front of her feathers. A wood chip is stuck to her.l chest. We don’t know what she got into. (Our only guess is a sticker on the back of the thermometer, which has since been removed.) Anyway, we cannot get the chip off of her without hurting her. :( Is there anything I can safely use to soften the stickiness and remove the wood chip?
Thanks.
maybe some warm water on a sponge and soak her chest for a bit might help. Just make sure you do it somewhere warm and dry her properly or she might catch a chill. Good luck.

Thanks.
Yes, I would recommend placing the chick in shallow, warm-ish water. Make sure to give her breaks from the warmth as too much may cause stress. Carefully massage the stickiness out as you can. Then, use dawn dish soap and rub it on your fingers. Hopefully whatever she got into is not harmful. Keep working at it!

Back
Top Bottom