Wood & Leather Burning; Quilt making; & Gardening to name a few

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by FarmerFaith81, Jan 24, 2012.

1. FarmerFaith81

FarmerFaith81 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    Carthage, In 46115
    I have made several wood sign in which I burn pictures into. I have recently started burning pictures onto leather, making keychains and things. I also love to sew, quilts, dresses, and aprons. My latest sewing venture is making retro aprons from the 1940's. I also love to plant a garden and watch my plants grow. I am starting my seedlings this weekend. Cabin fever is setting in and I am longing for spring!!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I am an avid quilter myself. Also, waiting to get going on the seedlings for the spring garden. Sounds like you have many talents!

3. FarmerFaith81

Jan 11, 2012
    Carthage, In 46115
    I try many many different things! Being a housewife in the country I have the blessing of sparetime. Im a jack of all trades, and a master of none! LOL. Which quilt pattern is your favorite?

4. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I have a variety of hobbies too, and if I were a homemaker, I can only imagine how long my list would be!
    I hunt, fish, raise chickens, raise rabbits and garden. Most people consider that a hobby, but out here, we like to pick our own groceries so it becomes less hobby and more of a way of life.

As far as hobbies go, just for the pure pleasure of it, mine are reading, crocheting, loom knitting, quilting, hiking, wood burning, drawing and photography. If I didn't work outside the home, I would delve deeper into the ones I have already mentioned. I would LOVE to try my hand at pottery, scrap booking, painting, sewing, carving, artistic welding, etc.

I've noticed that my hobbies tend to be seasonal. I do most of my crafting in the winter. Spring, summer and fall, generally speaking, we are outside recharging our solar batteries.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gosh, not sure I could pick one favorite block! Right now, I like the two patterns that come together to form the Tennessee Waltz quilt, I think the Snowball combined with 54-40 or Fight! blocks, that make a secondary circular pattern.

6. FarmerFaith81

Jan 11, 2012
    Carthage, In 46115
    I hae done pottery, but forsome reason have gtten away from it. I love doing it, but when I had my two children I kinda stopped ding it and have yet to pick it back up. I like to do anything that keeps me busy, and in warm weather, out of the house lol. As far as quilting goes, I like doing the marriage rings.

7. Then I Will

Then I Will Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Annville, Pennsylvania
    Hi, I'm only 19 and I share my living space with 5 other people so you can imagine I don't have much room for my hobbies. ;) However, when I become a homemaker I might go hobby wild!! Other than taxidermy and poultry I am a pyrographer. You can see some of my work here Phoenixpyrography.blogspot.com and on facebook under Phoenix Pyrocreations Pyrography. I haven't burned on leather yet, but I am very interested in leatherwork: such as tack and saddlemaking, and taxidermy.

8. FarmerFaith81

Jan 11, 2012
    Carthage, In 46115
    Burning on leather is WONDERFUL!!!! t melts like a hot knife to butter! You can do some really cool stuff wth leather. My friend owns a tack shop, and is the one who got me trying it out on leather. If you ever get the chance to try it, I would definately do it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by