Wooden incubator question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by willowcol, Nov 3, 2008.

1. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    My husband was at work yesterday and was telling one of the guys about my cooler incubator. Well the guy says he has a big wooden incubator that holds over 200 eggs, that he hadn't used it in over 2 years. He used it to hatch fighting birds, he got caught so he doen't do it anymore. Anyway he said I could have the incubator if I wanted it. My question is he says it might need repair since it hasn't been used, would it be worth it to get it and see if I can get it up and running or would it be better to just stick with the little bators. Am wondering if anyone uses these are the replacement part expensive?

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

OMG, Get it, plug the dern thing in and check it out! See if it works. What a find!

edited to say: I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  3. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    Quote:If you don't want it, I would love to have it! And, I am in NC also. Please, go get it. You don't have anything to lose on it for sure! That sure would come in handy right now!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

More than likely you will be talking wiring because of mice chewing on it but I bet it works fine. I agree you have NOTHING to loose! try it!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Are you driving over to get it yet? [​IMG]

6. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    I was in the same situation, my dh was offered a wooden incubator that hadn't been used in a while bla bla bla. He brought it home and it was in perfect condition. I am using it now actually. Go get it. What do you have to lose?

7. ChickenTender63

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    I will buy it from you if you don't have a need for it.

8. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Well I called and told my husband to tell him I wanted it, thanks. It will probably be a few days til I can get it, they run a cotton gin and are working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week til they are done all the cotton. He said he will have to clear a path to it in the shed in the evenings. Will let you know when I get it if it works.

9. ChickenTender63

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    Fantastic! And if something happens and you decide you don't want it, I would be happy to buy it from ya and I will even come pick it up.

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Quote:AWESOME!!! Post pics when you get it so we can all drool with envy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by