woods fire right past my house

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
I live on a dead end road( the last house by the dead end)... the wood s are on fire. not sure how bad. DH is a volunteer firefighter here but he is out of town with his job.... I am releived now the forestry service finally got here... aparently there was a fire monday off another road and the forestry service dozed a fire break and the fire jumped it. i smelled woods fire earlier but didnt see smoke and thought someone was burning something in thier yard. usually I go to the end of the road and check but didnt today... guess I will make sure from now on

HorseFeatherz NV

Eggink Chickens
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Sierra Foothills of Reno, NV
Scary.

Please take care of yourself
hugs.gif

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
fire department left and turned it over to the forestry service. I think I am gonna try to sleep. my neck hurts (old injury) so I am not sure how much sleep I will actually get. Night BYC

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
we are ok. fires out and they did another fire break... our county and surrounding counties are under a burn ban... our fire department worked 3 brush fires on monday 5 brush and one house fire on tue and this one on wed plus several medical calls. I know they are exhausted... And I am very thankful for all they do

easttxchick

Lone Star Call Ducks
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Where in Kountze was the fire? We haven't heard a thing here(between Kountze and Lumberton).

Top Bottom