woods fire right past my house

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Mar 2, 2011.

1. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I live on a dead end road( the last house by the dead end)... the wood s are on fire. not sure how bad. DH is a volunteer firefighter here but he is out of town with his job.... I am releived now the forestry service finally got here... aparently there was a fire monday off another road and the forestry service dozed a fire break and the fire jumped it. i smelled woods fire earlier but didnt see smoke and thought someone was burning something in thier yard. usually I go to the end of the road and check but didnt today... guess I will make sure from now on

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Scary.

Please take care of yourself [​IMG]

3. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I will... thanks

4. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    fire department left and turned it over to the forestry service. I think I am gonna try to sleep. my neck hurts (old injury) so I am not sure how much sleep I will actually get. Night BYC

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Please keep us updated. Hope all is well!

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Fires are very scary - worse in dry areas since they spread so quickly.

I hope it has been put out and you are still a-ok.

7. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    we are ok. fires out and they did another fire break... our county and surrounding counties are under a burn ban... our fire department worked 3 brush fires on monday 5 brush and one house fire on tue and this one on wed plus several medical calls. I know they are exhausted... And I am very thankful for all they do

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Where in Kountze was the fire? We haven't heard a thing here(between Kountze and Lumberton).

9. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    it was off of 421... sour lake area has had alot of fires

10. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    mu husband is an officer in the pineridge vol. fire department(sour lake vol. fire department)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: