Woodstoves

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mullers3acers, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    It's official summer is gone had to fire up the wood stove this am. My plan was not to do so until Nov 1 but youngest daughter was cold so she went and got wood. Just to take the chill off.

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep! You're right on that one! We are a little further south of you but I'm thinking within the week we will be stuffing wood into our stove too!
    I've had 7 dreams in the past 4 mos. about it starting to snow! [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I still need to get our woodstove INSTALLED. It's 40 here this morning... I'm freezing my rear end off. The kids are all bundled up real good. I hope it warms up today.

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    It is 38 degrees here right now and a couple windows are open but the house is still much warmer than outside. I like to wait too, before fireing up the wood furnace. Soon we will be starting a fire in the a.m. to ward off the chill. Afternoons are much warmer but as soon as that sun goes down..brrrr Almost time for me to hibernate [​IMG]

5. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    We couldn't make it through the winter finacially if we didn't have our woodstoves. The cost for propane is outrageous.We have a 1800 sq ft 1862 farmhouse and it is a blessing and a chore to heat.

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Yup, we fired up the woodstove last night. Was 37 degrees here in SE indiana!! Brrrrr, the extended forcast said....rain and snow mix....October 23rd!!

7. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Did you have to say the s word? I am just getting use to the cold.

8. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    Yep we fired ours up 2 nights ago my kids are small still so it begins, hauling, cutting and keeping it going all the time. I am soo not ready for it to be cold yet! I won't get to watch chicken T.V. as much which is mine and my daughters' favorite thing to do in the morning and then later in the afternoon and I lost my helper she is only 3.

9. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    Here in the middle of west texas, it's chilly enough this morning (45*) , if we had a wood stove, he'd be parked right in front of it.[​IMG] At least I wouldn't have to worry about the coals going out, I've got the best stove loader, a very cold man!

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Yep back to the up at 3 am putting wood on the fire,then not being able to go back to sleep.
    But its worth it we save alot of money by not buying propane.Plus i can cook on my wood burner so more savings there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by