WOOHOO a long awaited first.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JimnJanet, Mar 2, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    I know we have 3 girls laying but so far we never EVER go more than one egg in a day.
    Until today that is.........forst time i reached into the nest box and found more than one egg [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Won't be long now, we'll be givin them givin them i say givin them away by the dozen [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Our breeder told me that chickens's eggs are as different as the girl layin them. I never had a chance to discrene that till now. As you can see, 3 different girls no doubt.There is the large egg and then you can see that each small one is a different shade of brown(?).

[​IMG]

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Congrats! I can't even describe the expression on my face when I got my first egg...
    I get that expression evertime one of my girls lays her first egg! It's so exciting!

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    pretty eggs congratulations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    JimnJanet - congrats on the eggs. What is that in your avatar?

5. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Isnt it wonderful when you get that 1st egg?

DeeDee

6. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:Hi MissPrissy, our avatar pic is a chicken made of wire. I found it out in the yard when we moved into this house this past fall. That is our first egg on it's back.
    That chicken is actually a joke twixt Janet and I.We give our girls cracked corn twice a day and we have narrowed the chore down to jist calling it "crack the girls". Sooooo..of course that took off into a joke that our girls need their "crack" fix every day. I left that wire chicken laying in the yard untill after we had gotten our girls( she had never seen it) and one day when Janet came home form work i told her.."baby, i got some bad news 'bout one o' yer girls". I told her that we have been giving the girls too much crack and as a result....one became .."wired out" and i then showed her the wire chicken.. [​IMG]
    Guess ya had be there. And ther ya have the story behind our "wired" chicken avatar. [​IMG]

7. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:Hi Dee Dee, it sure is, each time is wonderfull. [​IMG]
    Those 3 are actually our first clutch.We know that we have 3 girls layin but we allways only get one egg every other day. I guess this now means that we're off and runin'.

8. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:you got that right LHP. I love it everytime i reach into the nest box and find that little gift from God.

9. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:cool reply countryboy, thanx

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by